While we know tile & stone inside and out, we also believe the addition of other elements creates beautifully designed areas. Kitchens, living rooms, bathrooms, and dining rooms benefit from metal, wood, and stone combinations. When done right, the results are simply amazing.
Metal, Stone, and Wood Combinations – What to Consider
Depending on if you are working with two or more of the above materials, it is important to consider the overall look of an area before choosing your materials. Try and determine one set aspect you want to incorporate. Wrought-iron accents. Natural stone. Deep espresso wood (or wood look tile).
One thing you want to determine in your room of choice is what makes the most sense. Hardy flooring in a kitchen or foyer may change your original choices – once you decide that it is a high-traffic area and needs a little more toughness. Pets? Kids? These are other things to consider when it comes to choosing the materials for an optimal combination.
What is Trending Right Now?
Great question. Based on trends we have been seeing, we’ve compiled some of 2017’s trends when it comes to metal, stone, and wood combinations!
- Wrought iron looks great when paired with lighter tones & bright areas. The darkness of the iron creates a pop.
- Copper and natural stone or dark slate tile look beautiful together.
- Shiny, warm metals are in. Dull, matte, industrial metals are on their way out.
- Cerused Wood or wood look tile (cerused refers to highlighting the natural look of the wood) is IN.
- Subway tiles are making an appearance again, with some creative materials (including metal and stone)
Any metal, wood, and stone combinations that stood out to you?